Support the Patriot Team….Join the Honor Committee
Thank you for your interest in the George Mason Honor Committee!
Mason’s Honor Committee is composed of faculty and students. We accept Honor Committee applications on a rolling basis. We also accept and strongly encourage faculty nominations of students to serve on the Honor Committee.
The criteria to be considered as an Honor Committee Member are below.
- Undergraduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.66
- Graduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- No previous record and/or violations of the Honor Code
- No previous record/violation of the Student Code of Conduct
- A letter of recommendation from a professor at Mason
- Submit with your application a one-page statement which includes:
- Why you want to serve on the Honor Committee;
- What you think the role of the Honor Committee is at George Mason; and
- How you will help to educate the campus community about academic integrity
Student applicants should complete this application form and send the Faculty Recommendation to the faculty member who is supporting your recommendation. Please note that failure to complete or meet the above listed qualifications will result in your application being dismissed.
Faculty and Administrative Faculty interested in joining the committee should complete this application form.
The membership of the Honor Committee is limited to 100 individuals. Please note that Mason’s School of Law has their own Honor Committee which is independent of the Honor Committee for all non-law school students.